Scorecard – Updated 11/8/2014
Trailblazers came out from the sidelines to win the Amazing Race - earning 33 October Challenge points - the highest ever, and 3 points for the 2nd tallest tower, putting them head and shoulders over the rest.
~ Erica Bourassa, Race Coordinator
|2||Trolls Under the Bridge||2||5||2||11||12||41||3||2||0||1||0||0||0||0||79|
|3||Speakers in Sneakers||2||5||0||7||24||27||6||5||0||1||0||0||0||0||77|
|4||The Wizard of 'Ah's||2||5||0||7||22||31||3||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||71|
|9||Feel the Fear||0||5||0||16||13||14||1||1||0||0||0||0||0||0||50|
|11||Cause Mo Jo||2||5||0||11||6||8||5||4||1||0||1||0||0||0||43|
|12||Speak Easy Jaw flappers||0||5||0||0||20||NR||1||1||0||0||0||0||0||3||30|
|14||Prairieland Punctuation Marks||2||5||0||3||NR||NR||1||1||0||1||0||0||0||0||13|
NR = No Records received
- 6 Playing Dice of equal size and shape
- 1 popsicle stick
- The participant will start with the Popsicle stick in their mouth, and they may be holding the dice.
- When the timer calls go, the participants must stack the dice on the end of the stick one by one.
- All 6 dice must be stacked vertically, and be free standing.
- The participant cannot use their face to hold the tower upright.
- To win this game the participant must have a freestanding vertical stack of 6 dice on the end of the Popsicle stick within 1 minute.
- A Chair to sit in
- The participant will start by leaning their head back, and placing the cookie in the middle of their forehead, not touching their eyebrows.
- When the timer calls "Go", the participant must maneuver the cookie from their forehead to their mouth, using only their face.
- They will have 1 minute to complete this challenge.
- If the cookie falls, it must be restarted in the center of the forehead, not touching the eyebrows.
- The cookie must remain in contact with their face. So they cannot try to toss it, to catch it in their mouth.
- The cookie must actually go in the participant’s mouth, held securely in their lips or teeth to count.
- A team will consist of 2 participants.
- The participants must cross a specified area stepping only on the pieces of paper.
- They are allowed to move only 1 piece of paper at a time.
- Each piece of paper is only allowed to have 1 foot on it at a time.
- If either participant steps not on a piece of paper during the crossing, both participants must start over from the beginning.
- The participant will stand in front of the table.
- The cups will be stacked in front of them in a single stack, open side down.
- The timer will call "Ready, Set, Go".
- The participants cannot touch their cups until the timer calls go.
- Once the timer calls go the participants are to stack their cups into a triangular shaped tower.
- The bottom row should be made up of 7 cups, with 6 in the next row, 5 in the next, etcetera, until they end up with a single cup on top of the tower.
- Next the tower must be deconstructed, ending with a single stack of cups open side down on the table, the same as they had started.
- Build the tower and take it down within 1 minute or less to win.
Marshmallow High Tower
- 1 yard of tape
- 1 yard of string
- 20 pieces of uncooked spaghetti
- 1 marshmallow
- You will have 20 minutes to build a free-standing structure using only the above listed materials.
- The winning structure is the one that holds the marshmallow highest from the base.
- The structure must be free standing at 20 minutes, at which point the height of the marshmallow will be measured.