Here are some questions that I've heard so far. Please send any additional questions you have to D54Raceteam@conference.com so that they can be added to this list for all to see.
Most likely, someone else is wondering the same thing you are.
- Q: When we submit our entry, what happens first?
A: Once you've submitted your entry, you can start tracking points that your team captain will turn in at the end of each month. You'll hear from the race coordinator via e-mail (EasySpeak) with updates and upcoming challenge information.
- Q: If I didn't sign up by August 8th, can I still form a team and join the race?
A: Yes, you can join in the race at any point. However, you will not be able to earn points for past challenges or the previous month.
Get the updated Race Entry Form
- Q: Do I have to be an officer to be a team captain?
A: No, you do not have to be an officer to form a team. Any member of the club can put a team together.
- Q: Can I be a part of a team if I can't attend the conference?
A: Yes! Members will get bonus points if they attend the conference but any member can help along the way.
- Q: Does my team have to come up with the monthly challenges?
A: No, the race coordinator, Erica Bourassa, will send out announcements of the monthly challenges with details of how to complete them.
- Q: We are a small club. Should we join if we don't think we can win?
A: Yes, join in the fun. Clubs that have under 10 members may team up with another club with fewer than 10 members to form a team.
- Q: Our team missed the initial deadline. Will we still get points for submitting a team photo?
A: Yes, your team will still get all 5 points. However, you will not be eligible for the bonus points for most creative. Also, the teams that entered by the initial deadline will be awarded an extra 2 points.
- Q: What do we have to do to get points?
A: Teams will accumulate points from August 1st – November 7th. Team captains will report points once a month to the race team. See the Amazing Race tab to see how points are accumulated.